1. Effective immediately, Mater Academy St. Cloud will set and advertise a registration / lottery date.
2. The following groups of students will not have to participate in the lottery and will gain automatic admission/re-admission assuming they complete the “Intent to Return” form prior to the lottery date.
enrolled at Mater Academy St. Cloud
enrolled or accepted students at Mater
Academy St. Cloud
teachers at Mater Academy St. Cloud
Children of governing
board members, however, for Federal Grant Recipient Schools, preference will
only be given to children of founding board members of the grant recipient
school, Mater Academy St. Cloud, while
the school is in the grant period. Any
governing board members which are nominated and/or elected to the governing
board after the founding of the school shall not be eligible for any enrollment
preference while the school is in the grant period.
e) Children of an active duty member of any branch of the United States Armed Forces.
For Federal Grant Recipient Schools, sibling and children of teacher exemptions only apply to children of the grant recipient school. An exemption cannot be granted if the child does not have a sibling in the Federal Grant Recipient School and/or the teacher is not employed at the Federal Grant Recipient School.
A) Conduct subsequent registration periods with advertised due dates and determine whether a lottery is necessary at the end of that period; or,
B) Conduct a “rolling” registration weekly. At the end of each week, determine whether or not a lottery is necessary.
1. If the school receives more applications that week than the available seats, the school will:
a) Conduct a lottery;
b) Notify families that received available spaces, and
c) Put remaining applications on a waiting list in the rank order their numbers are randomly drawn OR let families know they will be included in the next lottery when spaces become available.
2. If no lottery is necessary at the end of the week because the school has more space than applications received, all applicants may be accepted.
3. Repeat steps a and b above at the end of each week or
as long as the school continues to accept applications for each school year.
11. The school may choose the option of maintaining a waiting list application pool rather than a rank ordered waiting list. When the school chooses this option, it will conduct the lottery from all available applications received to date and stop when all available spaces have been filled. Each time the school has available space, it will conduct a new lottery.