Breakfast and Lunch Distribution-3/23-3/27/2020
Find out which schools are providing breakfast and lunch.
To ensure that students have nutritious meals while away from school while all schools are also closed next week, and ensure student safety from COVID-19, the district’s School Nutrition Services Department will provide FREE breakfast and lunch to children 18 years and under during the extended school closure between March 23-27 for pickup only.
The meals will be available at the following sites:
- Michigan Avenue Elementary – 2015 S. Michigan Avenue in St. Cloud
- Lakeview Elementary – 2900 5th Street in St. Cloud
- Ventura Elementary – 275 Waters Edge Drive in Kissimmee
- Denn John Middle – 2001 Denn John Lane in Kissimmee
- Central Avenue Elementary – 500 W. Columbia Avenue in Kissimmee
- Osceola High – 420 S. Thacker Avenue in Kissimmee
- Kissimmee Middle – 2410 Dyer Boulevard in Kissimmee
- Sunrise Elementary – 1925 Ham Brown Road in Kissimmee (Poinciana)
- KOA Elementary – 5000 Koa Street in Kissimmee (Poinciana)
- Deerwood Elementary – 3701 Marigold Avenue in Kissimmee (Poinciana)
- Westside K-8 School – 2551 Westside Blvd in Kissimmee
- Cameron Preserve
The meals will be available for pickup between 9:30-11:00 a.m. Families can go to school/site nearest them to pick up food even if they do not attend that school. Families will drive up in the bus loops, and they will be handed meals through the vehicle window. Students must accompany the parent/adult when they are picking up the meals, and meals can be provided to children not of school age if they are in the group picking up the food.
Over the weekend, the U.S. Department of Agriculture granted waivers to the Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services to allow schools, among other community organizations to feed children during the current COVID-19 school closures.